CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

I am fantastic

I have fallen off the blogging bandwagon. In an effort to not be my typical, complaining self, I'm going to brag all about me!! Isn't that what this whole blogging thing is about anyway? Here is a little list of the things I have done this week:

  • Painted the basement (by myself)
  • Rearranged all the basement furniture (with Eric's help)
  • Took all the kids' toys away (go ahead, call me Mommy Dearest)
  • Installed two new light fixtures (by myself)
  • Used actual coupons at a grocery store (with help from my friend)
  • Purchased and installed 3 sets of blinds (by myself)
  • Replaced the thermocoupling on the water heater (BY MYSELF)
So I might not have dinner on the table every night by 6:00 sharp and my house might occasionally smell like guinea pig and I will eventually be mother to the only un-potty trained kids on the block, but I am one handy lady!

Yesterday we got to go to Heber to ride the Heber Creeper with Grandpa Bob and his girlfriend, Glennie. It was such a great autumn day with all the leaves just starting to change. At one point Cameron turned and said, "This is the best day of my life!" Just knowing that made it a great day for me too. Here are some cute pictures of the train ride.

Cameron was thrilled to have a whole seat to herself

Adam fell asleep on Grandpa's lap
We wished Luke would have fallen asleep.

We had to keep him in a head lock to keep him still.

Boys enjoying the scenery

12 comments:

mikkilynn said...

I am very impressed with all you got accomplished. Who needs a hot dinner anyway? Cold cereal has vitamins. You must have said something to your boys to make them afraid of having accidents at preschool...they each use the bathroom at least five times while they are here. The first day I thought they may each have a bladder infection or something.

Jewels said...

You are amazing! There's no way I would have done any of those things. I prefer to just call someone else to do that! :)

I'm glad you had fun on the train. Maybe we need to go try it!

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

Can you come to my house next? Every room is screaming for paint.
Love,
Alicia

Ever-Idyll said...

You go girl. I am always amazed at your accomplishments--ALL BY YOURSELF!
The Heeby Creepy ride was a great success apparently. I'm glad you all had fun.
Puff

Anonymous said...

Yes you are fantastic Laurie. And we've always known that. Way to go. You inspire me.
Isn't the Heber Creeper a blast? Nice pics.
Uncle Mike

Ever-Idyll said...

P.S.
You forgot to mention on your list how you paid for lunch for your deadbeat aunt and your crippled cousin. Cash that check!

NatRat said...

Girl, your amazing. Where do you find the time. If I tried to do things like that, I would so seriously screw it up. The light fixture would be hanging from the wires off the ceiling.

I feel like I haven't seen you forever!!

The Commish said...

I held the flashlight when the water heater was fixed.

Kelly said...

Way to go Laur! I'm impressed. Take pics of the basement. Call me if you need help with Bunco!

Anonymous said...

WOW Girl! I'm totally impressed. You are absolutely fabulous and if I lived there would be one of your stalkers. {{wink}}

Suzanne said...

Go Laurie! You rock! And to think I was bragging about organizing our playroom! I can't wait to see pictures -- you HAVE to post! ** GO SOX!!!

3WimmerBoys said...

I need you to come help me at my house, my mom and I tried to do a few things, but we struggled. Of course some may wonder why my husband isn't doing these things, but I know you don't! I can't wait to see the basement.