I love to read. I love books. I love stories. I love words. I love Scrabble. I love dictionaries. I LOVE all that nerdy stuff. The problems is that I am the most addictive, compulsive person I know. I hate projects hanging over my head. We had book club last night. The book for March was presented, I downloaded it to my Kindle around midnight (Kindle is just way too convenient) and I just finished the book.
This might sound impressive to some people that I can finish entire books in one day. It's not. Nothing (and I do mean NOTHING) else in my life gets done when I'm reading. I've been thinking, for the last 30 minutes since I finished my book, I really might be crazy. Truly crazy. This must be why I have to be medicated to sleep every single night of my life. Any time I have an idea, whether it's a book I want to read or a room I want to paint or a party I want to plan I will not rest till it's completed. That's why I'm a terrible activity committee chairperson. I have this date looming over my head and nothing I can do to make it get over any sooner, so I become paralyzed and anxiety-ridden.
There is no point to this post. Just to remind myself not to pick any more books within another month. And if you're looking for a good read, try New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance. And it's not just for Mormons - there was a whole write-up on it in People magazine and it got 4 stars.
On to the next project!!! Over and out.
Friday, February 26, 2010
New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance
Posted by Laurie at Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Haha, I can so completely,100% feel your pain. Lately I've been forcing myself to choose slower, deeper books so that I am not as compelled to finish them in 1 day. When I am reading a good, fast-paced book, my family eats cookies and milk for dinner, and the kids go to bed in their street clothes. It's bad.
I used to attend a New York Singles ward, so I'll definitely have to pick up that book.
Thanks for the book reference. Keep 'em coming! . .. or, for the sake of my husband and children, don't!
I can totally relate! I love to read and when I am reading a book my kids totally get neglected. I have to restrict my reading to like 1-2 books a month. I literally cannot stop once I start.
I LOVE YOU Laurie...you are so funny!!! I wish I could come Monday night! see ya in a week..oxoxox
Post a Comment