CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Halloween in July

Nothing stresses me out like throwing a birthday party for my kids. But last night's Halloween birthday bash went off without a hitch. You're probably dying to know what it takes to throw a Halloween birthday party in July, so I'll tell you: 30 mummy hot dogs, 24 spider cupcakes, 18 little kids, 2 birthday boys, 1 shark cake, 1 Jack (Nightmare Before Christmas) cake, 6 tons of wrapping paper, 5 packages of fake spider webs, 1 twenty foot spider, 2 inflatable jack-o-lanterns, 6 liters of root beer witches brew and I probably could have used about 30 milligrams of Valium, but didn't. It was a good time kids and parents alike. Here are some pictures of the festivities:





16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yowie, you are amazing. Move over Martha Stewart! Cutest 4 year olds I've ever seen. Puff

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it Laurie. You are the greatest. I looks like a wild party the boys will remember forever.
Grandpa Bob

Alison said...

That looks like it was an awesome party! Did you make those cakes? How fun, I hope it went well and they had a fun time! I'll have to come down and visit soon. Let me know when is good for you!

Love you all!

Palmer Family said...

Umm, how come you are Martha Stewart? What a cute party! It looks like it was a lot of work and a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Laur - looks like your cakes turned out really cute! And hello, you said that you put up a few decorations - looks awesome!!!
Sorry about this morning, maybe just the girls could go out next week for you and Paige's b-days, I'll call you.

Kelly said...

Wow Laur-Good job! I think that's such a fun theme. Love the cakes.

paige said...

What a fabulous mom you are!
Darling blog and Family i am starting to get the hang of this thing. Its fun to see everyone that is in blogger world. keep in touch!

Kelie said...

wow! what a party! better than halloween...you are amazing! and i love 21 apparel...haven't been there for a year but love that store...i'll have to go now that there is one in AF.

Deidre said...

Wow! Looks like fun, you are a creative and fun Mom! Love the cakes!

mandy said...

Thank you for the perfect birthday party idea for James! You're a genius, and I'm copying it all! :)

Jewels said...

That looks like so much fun...I almost wish I was there!

NatRat said...

Laurie...stop it! You make all of us look bad. Tons of work!

Suzanne said...

OMG - I haven't 'talked' with you in forever, and then I clicked on here and was totally put to shame. This is the cutest party I've ever seen. Oh, should I say spookiest? Audrey's party blew compared to this!

DeRose Family said...

Look how cute your party was!! Move over Martha - there's a new (and much better looking)craftress in town! :) Seriously, what a cute mom you are!

The Richards said...

Has anyone mentioned you are the coolest mom ever! Seriously you are. I f there was an award I would give it to you. That is such a great party idea, and perfect for your boys. Tell them the Big Kerm says Happy Birthday and to come and visit him soon. Don't worry the pumpkin mat is still out, it's only been three years!!! I can't believe they are so old. I meet you guys for the first time when they were 3 months old or so, crazy!!!

The Christensen Family said...

You are super mom. How do you manage it all? I need lessons! SO cute... xxoo