CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

cruising with the girls

My baby sister graduated from high school! I must be getting old. For her graduation my mom took Gracee, Lacey and I on a cruise to the Western Caribbean. It was an amazing girls trip even if we didn't have all the sisters together. Emily has a brand new baby and Lyndsey is newly pregnant with baby #3! But the four of us had the best time!
I'm getting lazy. I finally got all these pictures uploaded but I'm having a hard time getting them into any kind of order. I admit that I am a stress case in general, but being on the open water sent me into overdrive! With every loud noise I was ready to jump ship. One morning the staff on the ship were having an emergency drill and Gracee and I went scrambling to get on a lifeboat. So here I am making sure that I know how to use my floatation device and whistle. Personally I would rather drown than be stuck in a life jacket whistling.
Gracee made out with a dolphin named Marte in Cozumel, Mexico.
Gracee and I got matching henna tattoos from a vendor on a pier. It seemed like a festive thing to do while in Mexico, but now that I'm home I just look like I lost a fight with a Sharpie.
Gracee and I taking in a magic show on board the ship.
After some really nerve-racking wind and a rocking ship, we were treated to this amazing sunset over Miami. Look closely and you'll see buildings.
In Grand Cayman we took a boat to Sting Ray City and swam with sting rays.
Lacey
Gracee and me
Mom and Lacey GraceeGracee's future home...
In Jamaica we went zip lining through the jungle. Here's Gracee.
Gracee
Mom and Lacey
Gracee, Mom, Lacey and me getting our gear on
Mom, Lacey and me
Gracee getting hooked up
If Lara Croft and Diego ever had children, I imagine this is what they'd look like.Mom
Mom in her new Ray Bans
Jamaican church
Jamaica
I have no idea what we're doing in this one, but we're all looking at the camera and smiling.
The mothership
In Haiti we went para sailing
Lacey and me
I loved spending so much quality time with my mom and sisters. My mom is the strongest, smartest woman I know. Being around her reminds me of my own potential. She is the kind of person I want to emulate. Love you Muzz! Lacey is the one who keeps us on track. Without her, our bags would never have made it home and our waitstaff would never have been tipped. I thought that nobody ever watched those information channels on the TV, but she was up to speed on everything! Love you Lace!
GRACE!!! She 'keeps me young'. She is very clever and has the quirkiest sense of humor of anyone I know. I love that she 'gets' me.
Thanks so much Muzz for the amazing trip!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like a FABULOUS trip! Glad you had fun. I'm so jealous of all your adventures lately. Hope to see you soon!

Maughan"sters" said...

You are too spoiled!

Amy Buhler said...

so fun!!

Jon and Emily said...

Oh how I have missed your posts! You always make me laugh so hard...Laura Croft and Diego!! Too hilarious! But I gotta say, enough with the world traveling! I don't like being jealous! Plus, it's against my religion-something about not coveting thy neighbor or something! Miss you!

3WimmerBoys said...

Thank you for taking pictures. I want to go. When Gracee graduates from college can I come?

Brittany said...

So fun you went on a girl's trip, all of you ladies are BEAUTIUL!!!