Buttercup: "What about the R.O.U.S.s?"

And for all you pessimists out there who think the Wimmers can't keep an animal alive longer than 11 days (like Lola the hamster), I'll have you know that we've had Penny at our house for almost 6 weeks without incident. I wanted to make sure that she could stand the test of time before I shared all of this on my blog. I didn't want any of you to report us to the Humane Society for testing out hand sanitizer on our previous pet.
While we're reminiscing about Lola and her very sad demise, I have a funny story for you. Apparently, on Easter Sunday my boys decided to tell their primary class about Lola. I wasn't there so I'm not sure who said what, but they told their class that they killed Lola by putting soap all over her. It was actually hand sanitizer, but I guess there isn't really a difference when you're three years old. Anyway, they told them that they killed her but when Jesus comes again he'll bring her with him and she'll live again! And how appropriate that it was Easter. Poor, poor Lola. Good luck to you, Penny.
16 comments:
Way to get back up on the horse and try again. I am sure Penny will be a life long member of the family.
Yes, good luck Penny. I am always amazed how well you do with your crazy fun kids, I can only imagine animals. At least Adam and Luke learned a good leason about Jesus from Lola, they are the funniest kids ever! As for the cuddling with the boy peeing all over you, I would do the same thing. I can't get Caitlyn to cuddle for the life of me and Mike just laughs everytime I try, even when she is sick, no luck!!
I sure hope she makes it! BTW-She is creepy, her eyes are red in the picture...GROSS.
I'm surprised you decided to brave being a pet owner again. Good luck with that.
Guinea Pigs are great, they can endure a lot. I had one when I was little named "muffin" he even lived through not feeding for a him for a week. Good luck with the new pet!
Thanks for the email, both Brad and I thought it was pretty cute. Norah is not allowed to date yet though.
As far as Penny and Lola go, you know all of these animals will be waiting for you at the judgment bar, right?
At least that is what my mom says, and my mom is always right when it comes to judgment:)
Is that why Cate has been talking to me for two weeks about living with Jesus? Whenever I tell her that she has to do something for a long time, she asks if she has to do it until she lives with Jesus again.
I heard all about poor, little Lola during preschool. don't feel too bad though...growing up, my family had a high pet mortality rate as well...frogs, fish, ducks, hamsters and even a baby skunk...we killed them all.
I'm feeling for Penny...
You should win some sort of mother award for buying a guinea pig! I killed a few too many hamsters in my younger years, so I'm afraid I'm the one that has the bad luck with rodents in our house...darn!
I miss you guys....
Laurie,
SO funny. I had hampsters growing up so I am glad to see that they are still some peoples pet of choice! Anyway I have been emailing Natalie and we want to get our kiddos together on Friday and finally meet. I want you to come so I am wondering if you have any plans this Friday? We can go to a playland, my house, a park whatever. Let me know if this Friday would work for you.
Kelley
You can call me at home if that's easier
801-943-3538
Just want you to know that I was having a "bad" night (obnoxiously emotional for no particular reason) and I thought to myself, I need to check Laurie's blog because I'm sure she'll have written something that will make me laugh and sure enough...you did. Thank you! What would I do without you?
I am so glad we finally got to see a picture of our cousin Penny. She needs to come bond with Lola The Second.
You are such a brave soul, another animal...best wishes to Penny. I loved that the boys shared that story, to funny! I agree with Paige what is up with Penny's red eyes?
Post a Comment