I have no idea if anyone reads this anymore. I have totally lost steam for blogging. But I have a truly 'Laurie' story for y'all. (All my bunco ladies insisted that I post about it.)
Tonight we had bunco at Heather's house. Her birthday was yesterday and we decided to have a little bit of a birthday surprise for her. Julie and Deidre had worked on a yummy dessert for her and were busy cooking when I called to see if I could help out with anything. They asked if I could pick up some balloons and I assured them that I would have plenty of time. I said I'd meet them at Heather's house and we'd all go inside together, balloons in hand, to surprise her.
I was feeling entirely too proud of myself that I had remembered the balloons and hadn't popped a single one of them. They were stored in the trunk of the car because, let's all face it, what is worse than driving around with balloons in the car?
We pulled up in Heather's driveway where all our friends were waiting. I got out of the car and popped the trunk and instead of the trunk just unlatching and waiting for me to open it (the way it has always worked),the trunk flew open and away went the balloons!!! Yup, we all stood there and watched as they peacefully floated away. Laughing our heads off, of course.
My first thought was that I should go bang on Heather's door and make her watch them float away, just so she could see that I did actually bring them. Then I was terrified to think that all my friends know I just can't be counted on for anything. Kind of like 'the dog ate my homework' excuse. Can't you just see me trying to explain..."I promise I brought some balloons, but the wind was blowing..."
I also have to mention that Heather is probably the most organized, thoughtful, prepared woman I have ever met. Even tonight, the day after her busy birthday, she hosted bunco, prepared a FABULOUS meal with dessert, had amazing prizes for everyone there (not just the winners) and she'd done all of this with her back thrown out!! I can't even bring some measly balloons to a party. And for the record: If my back ever goes out, I will be in bed on drugs and certainly not hosting ANYTHING!
There is a perfect balance to my life. If something goes right, something is bound to go wrong. No matter what I do, even my best intentions fall flat. It is really starting to bother me that I'm getting a reputation as being a flake, because I hate flaky people. You can call it bad luck. Call it karma. Call it whatever you want, just remember this the next time I offer to help you with anything.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Why do these things only happen to ME??
Posted by Laurie at Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I have lots of things you can help with Laurie :) I still think I can count on you.
Stuff like that happens to me too. It's good to post that stuff because sometimes we think everyone else never has bad days or crap happen to them, but we all do. I fell really hard, twice, the other day-and cried. Things just are not going smoothly with the house, and my front tire is ALWAYS flat. I also don't brush my hair anymore. Do you still want to be my friend?
Hey, I still read your blog all the time.
I am still laughing about the balloon incident! Laur, you aren't a flake AT ALL! So don't even say that. Our lives would be so boring without you!! You just make good memories for us. :)
That was awesome with the balloons, if you didn't do it I would have so don't beat yourself up. You are awesome and it's the thought that counts, and to make you feel better I cooked her dessert too long and still gave it to her. Life would not be the same with out you!!!!
Laurie, you have got to stop knocking yourself!!! You are doing an incredible job and thank goodness you keep a sense of humor. I love you. Grandma
Laurie, Laurie, Laurie we all love you and you are not a flake even a bit. You got the balloons and that is all that matters. Heather is such an incredible person it was such a fun night!
I can alway count on you... to make me laugh out loud...that was funny!!! How's that for counting on you??
It's scary how much we are alike with this stuff. I understand the trunk thing to a tee....that's my trunk, so I could totally picture it and all. You gave them a better memory of balloons anyway!!!
And this is why I love you!!!!!
I was laughing so hard, the tears were coming! You are NOT a flake. You were so considerate to offer to help. Bunco was so much fun, thanks for driving and we'll see you soon!
Laurie you crack me up! I love ya! I can always count on you to make me laugh. It was classic you cute thing! They were beautiful balloons by the way...
It just so happens Karma hates me too! Another thing we have in common. ;) So sorry about the balloons. Bummer. At least you have an amazing group of friends to enjoy the laugh with. ;)
Post a Comment