CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Are wii having fun yet?

Eric got a Nintendo wii for Father's Day. (He has the best wife EVER.) I thought I would share some of the directions with you all. I am not joking this is word for word:

  • Parents should watch their children play video games. Stop playing and consult a doctor if you or your child has any of the following symptoms:
  • Convulsions
  • Eye or muscle twitching
  • Altered vision
  • Loss of awareness
  • Involuntary movements
  • Disorientation
  • If your hands, wrists, arms or eyes become tired or sore while playing or if you fell symptoms such as tingling, numbness, burning or stiffness, stop on rest for several hours before playing again.
I laughed when I first read that, but after dreaming that I'm playing and my arms being so sore from tennis and bowling I realize that those warnings aren't a laughing matter. I've always been wary of video games because I'm scared my kids will become addicted. Silly me - I wasn't counting on loving it so much.

7 comments:

3WimmerBoys said...

You are the most awesome wife, but you didn't get him what he REALLY wanted. (Remember the lady and the book-40th B-day present?) I absolutely LOVE your new pictures. I want to see all of them. She is so great at getting good shots, I love the way she sets them up. Plus you all look great, but you always look great. Talk to you soon...

Tawnya said...

Seriously the best wife! I told Rod he couldn't get one...so instead he got a "work" one that they play at the office. But then I played it...and it IS super fun! I guess one day I will have to break down..or at least come play it at your house!

Em said...

Can't wait to have Wii parties with you when we move home. It's a daily event at the Jenkins house. You should get SONIC and MARIO OLYMPIC games... it's fun for the whole fam. :)

Anonymous said...

The first time that I played I was so sore the next day!
Can't wait for next week!

Brittany said...

I was the same way, worried about the kid's getting addicted. It is a blast but word of advice stay away from Guitar Hero ( I lose my husband for hours when that sucker gets whipped out). Have fun!

That story about the house on fire, hysterical! I say that just because all turned out well.

Alison said...

FUN! Wii is so awesome....good times for all!

mikkilynn said...

My family and I were Tetris freaks...we all used to dream about playing and placing the pieces. It really was an epidemic of sorts. Kevin and I even rang in the New Year with five hours of Tetris playing. Yes, we are pathetic. By the way, I love the story about Adam...he makes it so there is never a dull moment, for sure.