I was putting on my makeup this morning when I smelled smoke. I ran down to the kitchen and found a pile of ashes and a half burned sheet of notebook paper sitting next to a burning candle. I had lit the candle, but not the paper. There were no kids in sight.
Me screaming a bit hysterically: "Who did this??"
Luke: "Not me."
Cameron: "Not me."
Adam: "Not me."
I could tell by the look on his guilty, little face that Adam was the culprit.
Me: "Adam, why would you play with the candle? You're going to burn the house down!"
Adam: "I didn't do it."
Me: "Oh really? Then who dragged the bar stool across the kitchen to climb up on the counter top?"
Adam: "I opened the door and the wind blew it there."
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Liar, liar, house on fire!
Posted by Laurie at Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Laurie, you should seriously write a book! I love, love, LOVE your family photos!
Scary...but hilarious! I am with kclittle...you should write a book, it would be one book I would read!
That is the great thing about blogs, you CAN make them into a book! And WHEN you do, I want a copy for a good laugh! I'm glad nothing worse happened to your house!!!! Silly Kids! We have GOT to have you guys over, I'll make sure I hide the candles first!
How interesting, because seriously, I almost started a fire today too, but mine was with an artichoke that I left"steaming" on the stove...no longer steaming, smoking...anyway, glad our houses didn't burn down, and how sad that we'd have no one to blame but ourselves...SOO glad all is well!
I can just imagine what Cate would do if I left a candle burning. Hence, no candles in my house. And the matches are way up high. In fact, if the power goes off at night we are just screwed because all our flashlights are broke. Anyway, I love your stories. And really, with the wind we have here, it totally could have blown that stool over there.
That is a great post. There is never a dull moment at your home. I agree with everyone else you should write a book.
close call... but a funny response by ad-man!!! at least it was one of your kids. a few months ago cooper's friend luke was over and laid his head near the candle on our table and his hair caught fire. I was so embarrassed to take him back to his home with stinky singed hair! at least his mom is mellow and cool. :)
ROFLMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my crud.....so funny!
If I ever feel like I am having a bad day, I just come look at your blg and I feel better! Let's do something soon!
I taught your little ones class today.....Oh my they are so FUNNY! I loved it!!! Thanks for giving Riley cookies today...This is one of the first things we taught him...begging for food is survival 101....He pretty good
Post a Comment