CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hefty dose of reality

#1 Self Portrait
I think my forehead is getting bigger as the years go by.


#2 What the Kids Are Doing
This morning, they were making blueberry muffins for breakfast. You can be sure they won't be doing any laundry, cleaning or anything productive. Mostly they just make really good messes.



#3 The Fridge
I'd like to blame the mess in the fridge on the kids, but I guess it's my own. Looks like dino chicken nuggets and mac & cheese for dinner again! Wahoo!


#4 The Kitchen Sink
In my defense, this is the post-muffin making sink. Usually it's pretty clean.

#5 Favorite Shoes


Just chalk it up there with things I swore I'd never buy before I actually had kids. As a mom, do you find yourself eating your words faster than you can speak them?




#6 Favorite Room in the House

It's too small to have a formal living room, so I turned it into my library. I'm not sure what I like more about it, being surrounded by my books or the lack of anything Lightning McQueen or High School Musical.


#7 Dream Vacation
I don't think you need an actual picture to imagine a beach somewhere with Eric and I drinking big, fat Diet Cokes and working on a nice sunburn.



#8 Bathroom
Eric has never liked our guest bathroom. But I do. I wasn't even shopping for a shower curtain when I found that one and LOVED it. I could not care less that nobody else likes it because I DO!

#9 The Room I Spend the Most Time In

Cleaning this kitchen is much like scrubbing the deck of a sinking ship. Why bother? But I guess I'm the captain going down with this ship because I seem to spend countless hours vacuuming, scrubbing, organizing, reorganizing, loading and unloading dishes. That's why you see the computer, water bottle and headphones on the table. This is my 'office'. Pretty fancy huh?

I guess all my secrets are out. No chef and lots of tacky character clothes. This was a fun post. Thanks so much Kim! I'm tagging everyone who would like to play along.

13 comments:

Ammon and Brooke said...

Love your favorite room!!! I wish I was sitting in there right now, reading a book, none of my kids in sight (not that I don't LOVE them!)

Anonymous said...

Now that's more like it!
Seems a lot more cozy than that stuffy, totally clean, no dust in sight 'house' that you posted about before! (I don't think that I quite convinced myself there)

Tawnya said...

Hahaha...I think this is my favorite post ever!! You are the best mom...and I LOVE the library and the shower curtain!!

Annie Miller said...

You are way to clever! Love this post :) Your real life looks really nice btw...craziness and all :)

Kelly said...

Such a fun post. I liked your comment on my lame parade post. :) Your life looks likes lots of fun!!

Sandgren Family said...

You always crack me up. I so wish that the first set was my life, but not even close. Also, I think your front room turned out great. Thanks for the laugh.
Katrina

kclittle said...

Laurie, I love it! I've said it before and I'll say it again, you should be a writer. You make the everyday life of wife and mother seem so insane it is fun.

I love your kitchen (the real one). The floor is gorgeous.

Thanks for doing the tag.

kclittle said...

Laurie, I love it! I've said it before and I'll say it again, you should be a writer. You make the everyday life of wife and mother seem so insane it is fun.

I love your kitchen (the real one). The floor is gorgeous.

Thanks for doing the tag.

3WimmerBoys said...

You are always so clever and have a way of making me laugh! You know how much I love your guest bathroom, Eric is just plain wrong!

NatRat said...

This is more like it.... I feel better now.

Selena said...

Laurie,

So, I happened on your blog as I surfed around procrastinating some household chore...I hope you don't get scared by me saying hi-:)

It's Selena Quong from the old Crescent 10th ward (I almost forgot what the name of the ward was!) I know I was always a year behind you so we weren't always in the same groups, but I wanted to say thanks for being a good example to me back then. You look cute as ever and have a beautiful family...Looks like life has treated you well :) Our blog, if you are ever in the need to kill a few minutes- http://katoclan.blogpsot.com (as if that ever happens HA HA!)

~Selena

Deidre said...

Awesome! I love this post! You are too cute and fun! Missed you last month! Hope to see you Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I love your red kitchen.