CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Ding dong....

Just in case you thought it was all doom and gloom in my life and I'd lost my edge as a blogger, I've written a song for you about the very happy day I'm having. Remember in the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy's house falls on the wicked witch of the East and all the munchkins sang? Well, think of that tune....
Ding dong, the pigs are gone! Which old pigs? The guinea pigs!
Ding dong, the guinea pigs are gone!!
Wake up you lazy pigs, rub your eyes, get out of your (urine-drenched) bed.
Wake up, you're going on a ride! You're going where the rabid dogs go!
Let's hope it doesn't end up with Euthanasia, yo-ho!
Let's open up and air the place out, clean and disinfect!
Ding dong the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
Let them know the guinea pigs are gone!
Yea, I know my songwriting skills aren't quite Taylor Swift yet, but I like to think maybe I'm onto a more Bob Dylan vibe, everyday America thing.
The important thing here is that we are back to being a one pet household with out any more Pet Cemetery shenanigans.

2 comments:

AMiller said...

You were brave to even try having guinea pigs. I barely let my kid have a fish and then I kept waiting for the thing to die so I could stop cleaning the bowl. Yeah, I am a sentimental pet person.

3WimmerBoys said...

You told me you were going to do it, but I didn't know you actually did. What did you do with them? My sister in law set her guinea pig free, we all had a good laugh about that one.