CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

many, many thanks

Yesterday I went to the elementary school to register the boys for Kindergarten. To say that I was having a bad day would be an understatement. I'm an emotional wreck these days (yea, watch out). I ran into one of my favorite neighbors, Amber Miller. I think she could see I wasn't doing great. She was there with two of her kids, one of which is a brand-new baby. She had finished filling out the paperwork for her daughter and offered to sit down with me and fill out one of my boys' stuff while she did the other for me. I was so grateful I cried and then cried some more. Amber - you are GREAT!
That is just one example of how nice people have been to me the past few weeks. If you ever want to know how many friends you have, get a hysterectomy! Thanks to everyone who has helped out with my kids, made us yummy food, called, sent a note, listened to my cry, hosted a ward party in my absence.... Honestly, I feel so blessed. Blessed to tears. Many tears. Many, many tears.
I started making a list of everyone I need to send a thank you card to and the list is so long it's going to be a while before they all get written and sent. In the meantime, THANK YOU!!!

9 comments:

AMiller said...

I just missed you Laurie and needed a reason to sit and chat.
And don't send me a thank you note - it just makes me feel like I added more work to your day if you have to write a note.
This is such a great neighborhood. I had so many people bring me dinners and goodies and such after I had my baby, I was totally overwhelmed. Hooray for good friends!

martha corinna said...

You got a hysterectomy?! What?
Some friend I am.
I will call you tom., and I will bring you a meal.
I love you Laurie!

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

Hey Lars-
Just have to say that we love you, pray for you, and think of you very often. I was at mom and dad's house when we saw your last post. We had no idea. You made mom cry. Anyway, you are loved more than you know. Hope to see you soon!!!
Love,
Alicia

Elicia said...

I haven't read your blog forever and my heart is hurting for you. What struggles. You are blessed to have great neighbors and friends.
I didn't realize your boys will go to school with my oldest boy, EJ! I got really emotional while registering him (and because my youngest started using the big boy potty that day). I totally understand wanting them to stay little.

Palmer Family said...

Laurie! I feel so horrible that I wasn't included when Julie, Kelly & Britt brought your dinner in. I had no idea they were doing it. I would have loved to have contributed. So don't be surprised if I show up with some cookies or something. Again, I am sorry. It wasn't on purpose!!!

Tate Family said...

I've gotten behind on the blog checking...but started with yours to catch up...Wow! I'm sorry, I had no idea either. Are you being checked for cancer on a regular basis because cells were located or is it no longer a threat? How do you like my public question??
And what did you mean by your response to 'Those people"????
Grammar or gross things I do??
I suck at grammar (that was to poke fun of my mom, to get her back), so I'm thinking gross???

Em said...

We love ya! Let us know what you need!
Can't stand it that the boys are registering for Kindergarten... my how the time flies!

Jon and Emily said...

I hate it when my life gets so hectic that I fail my friends. I knew you were having your surgery soon and I totally wasn't there for you. I feel horrible. I would have put that top of my many lists if I wasn't so scatter-brained and frazzled. Please forgive me and still be my friend. I promise that next time you have major-life-altering surgery, I will be there! I promise!

3WimmerBoys said...

So that's what I have to do for people to be really nice to me. I'm pretty sure what you've gone through isn't worth a few free meals. I wish I were there to take you kids, make you dinner, and sit on your bed to chat. Some help I am!