Here they are, ready for the first day.
Quickly the situation turned to panic for Adam. Luke was cool as a cucumber.

I walked them over to where they need to line up. Adam's nerves morphed into terrified shrieks. I got Luke in line with his class and turned my attention to Adam but he was nowhere to be found. Gone. I was scanning the masses of Kindergartners and parents and realized that he probably went back to the car. So I ran back through the parking lot and spotted him near the playground hiding behind a big tree. I had to chase him down but when I caught him he was hanging onto me with strength I didn't know he possessed. I had to walk him into the school where his screaming echoed down the hallways like a horror movie. His teacher had to physically pry him off my body and take him into his classroom. I bolted. Like a bat out of hell. Like a prisoner out of jail. By the time I got to the car I was sweating bullets and emotional. But free at last!
Eric picked the kids up after school and he got this picture of them coming out to the car. This was not posed. They actually came out of the school all holding hands. Ahhh, cuuuute.

The other night Eric was talking to Cameron about school and they had this little conversation:
Eric: "Cam, I bet you're the smartest kid in the class!"
Cam: "Nope, you are wrong Dad. There's another girl who is way smarter than me."
Eric: "How do you know that?"
Cam: "Because she did Kindergarten TWICE!"
3 comments:
First - cute conversation with Cam, I think I actually laughed out loud.
Second - I don't know how you do it. I think I would crush under the emotional pressure and just let my little one skip school and hang out with me all day. As it is, I have a hard enough time when my kid wants to leave me.
Go Laurie - you are amazing.
I have a hard time believing that sweet boy could cause all that fuss! You MUST be making it all up. Give them all a big back-to-school hug from me! =)
Laurie- you have the greatest conversations at your home! Thanks for sharing them. They always make me laugh out loud.
Post a Comment