CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

the Uintas

We just got back from camping in the Uintas with Grandpa Bob and Glennie. We had such a great time. The kids finally got to spend the night in a camper. They've been talking about it for years. Eric got to fish and each of the kids got to 'catch a fish'. Adam turned out to be our best fisherman. He was the only one who had enough patience to sit and watch Eric cast line after line. He was very disappointed that he didn't catch a salmon to eat.
Cameron and Luke spent the whole time wrestling each other. Cameron said her favorite part was watching the shooting stars. Adam said his favorite part was his "really great nap" in the car. Luke loved finding a severed fish head on the beach.
I loved the bacon for breakfast, mountain biking and just sitting around with nothing to do. Grandpa and Glennie took the kids on little adventures and it was a very much-needed break for me.

Here is Adam with his first fish!

You can tell by the pictures that Cameron did not enjoy fishing as much as her dad and brother.


Adam and Luke were in heaven with so many sticks to swing at each other.

Grandpa and Luke on the raft

Adam and Glennie

We sat around the campfire and tried to stay awake for the meteor shower, but the boys didn't last long enough. Please ignore the pretty glasses.

8 comments:

NatRat said...

You made it! I am glad you had a blast. I love running into you now, I am so lucky. Lets keep doing it :)

Anonymous said...

What, no canoe? Lame!!

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

Nothing wrong with glasses. Looks like fun... I miss the mountains.

Paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paige said...

Whew...I just tried to comment. After i hit the publish button I noticed a bunch of numbers in front of the post. This just totally ruined the post. All I was wondering was...WHERE IS MOLLY. Some owners you are!

Paige said...

1018Where's Molly?

Paige said...

Where's Molly?

Jon and Emily said...

Jealous! We didn't go camping ONCE this summer!