CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

WHY ME???

This morning Eric so kindly offered to take Cameron to school so I didn't have to make the trek to Pleasant Grove AGAIN. I got her all ready and went to walk them out to the car and we realized that the garage had been left open all night. And my purse was gone. Stolen right out of the front seat of my car! I was freaked out but needed to keep my cool for the kids. I sent Eric and Cameron on their way, called the police and then called my mom. She saved the day by taking the boys away.
I spent the day canceling cards, tracking down alternate forms of ID, getting a new drivers license (which by the way, is by far the ugliest picture I have ever had taken because I'd been crying). I was emotionally spent by about 1:00. I asked the boys to go to the basement and have some quite time so I could lay down for a minute. Within just a few minutes Adam came running up the stairs saying that there was a broken window in the basement. A completely shattered french door to be exact. I don't know how on earth I didn't notice it sooner, but again I called the police.
I have never really been a scared person. I am used to being alone when Eric travels and I'm not wimpy about it at all. But this has me scared. Really scared. My kids' bedrooms are in the basement. What if this burglar had gotten into the house? Why do I have worse luck than most people I know?
I guess the silver lining in all of this is that I get to buy a new purse. There are few things in life that make me happier than a really great new bag.

11 comments:

AMiller said...

That is really scary. Do you have an old baby monitor still around? I think I will keep mine on in the basement for a long time. I keep the volume low, but just loud enough so that I can hear if anyone yells, or if like a window is broken. That might give you some peace at night. Best of luck with everything.

Annie Miller said...

That purse deal happened to my sis n law too when she left her garage open. I would hope it was just teenagers. But that broken glass, that's a whole other ballgame. You need an alarm!

Jewels said...

That's scary! I hope your house goes through fast and you get out of that neighborhood!

Stacy said...

That's awful! Our house got broken into while me and my kids were still home. My husband had just left. I saw the kid on the back porch and actually had my husband on the phone when he started breaking in. That was scariest sound ever. Needless to say, nothing got stolen and he got caught that afternoon but the whole ordeal was terrify. I hope everything works out for you. And that you get a really awesome new purse!

Jake and Mal said...

That's definitely scary! Sorry you had to go through all that, you'd better get an awesome purse :)

Maughan"sters" said...

What kind of neighborhood did you move to!!
I hope it wasn't your cute cow looking bag that got stolen!
Zack asked if he can still play with Cameron now that she doesn't go to the same school...

Alison said...

So sorry that happened, Laur! But at least now you probably won't forget to close the garage door! :-) FYI there actually have been several thefts of that nature in that area lately & you can even go online to get crime reports for Sandy! My guess is that its because of the stores nearby (several thefts at WalMart). Luckily nothing too crazy though!!

Hope things are going well & you can get moved into your house soon!

Palmer Family said...

Scary! I would have freaked.

Debbie Cluff said...

Was it the cow bag?

Katie said...

that is scary! we had our car stereo stolen out of our garage in our old house and it freaked me out. yikes! good luck with the move. we miss you guys already!

Shanna said...

No Way Laur! that is so scary! Having the purse stolen is bad enough. But then the basement window also...SCARY!! I had my car broken into and my purse stolen once too. you feel so violated! It's such a freaking pain in the butt having to replace all your cards/ID's. Lucky for me they caught the punks who did it and they had to pay for all the damage and all the hassle.

I'm so sorry!!