CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 3, 2007

Catching up

Cameron was in rare form this morning. I guess it's not all that rare, but noteworthy just the same. I told everyone to get ready to go to Home Depot and get in the car. I wasn't really paying any attention to Cameron since she's able to get shoes on and buckled into her seat belt on her own. We were cruising down the freeway when Cameron says, "Tell me when we get to New York."

I glanced in the rear view mirror and said, "American Fork Cameron, not New York. Home Depot is in American Fork." She was wearing a pillow case over her head. It covered most of her little body. I started laughing and asked her what she was doing and she calmly explained (from underneath her pillow case) that she didn't want to wear a coat and the pillow case keeps her warm. Makes sense I guess.
When we got to Home Depot she took off her pillow case to reveal an amazing ensemble. She had a headband wrapped around her head like a hippie, sparkly cat eye sunglasses and white satin gloves up to her armpits. Did I let her go into the store like this? You betcha!

I have been so busy with projects the last few days. I painted my guest bedroom and the kids' bathroom, sewed a quilt for Cam's bed and I'm trying to get ready for Hawaii!! We leave on Thursday and the marathon is on Sunday. Wahoo! I'm ready to have this thing over with.

I got a couple cute pictures of the kids on Saturday. They wanted to try playing in the snow again. Adam lasted about a minute and a half, Luke for about three minutes and Cam was out maybe five. But they sure looked cute.

Before snot Adam



After snot Cameron



Also after snot Luke


This is the sad little snowman that Eric built for the kids. He was appalled that we didn't have carrots, coal and a top hat on hand for snowman building. Our snowman had Cheezits for eyes and a nose. We're ghetto. We pulled gumdrops off a gingerbread house for buttons and used Luke's hat. Luke was definately not happy about that.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laur - I love it! Cameron is so funny, bet you can't wait til' she's older trying to pull those tricks!
Jaxen also built a snowman today, but had to use pretzels - I guess that makes us ghetto too!
Good luck with your marathon if I don't talk to you before - I am sure that you will do great!

Suzanne said...

You made me smile this morning. Kids are all the same!!!

Palmer Family said...

Cameron is so dang cute!! She just wanted to look hot to go to New York! Good Luck with the marathon!

The Richards said...

I think carrots and coal were the least of Eric's worries with this snowman.

Kelie said...

I love it when they get all bundled up! they are so cute...and love how cam is so into her unique outfits! Have fun in Hawaii!

martha corinna said...

You are such a cool mom.
Are you manic? I can't get that much done.
I'm so proud (and jealous) that you are running a marathon. Someday. When I sleep more then 4 hrs a night.
Good Luck.
That picture of Cameron is beautiful.

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

Looking forward to snottier days.

Brittany said...

Okay before I comment on your kid's you are ready to get HAWAII over with, what? I know the race but seriously! Your kid's are a hoot, thanks for sharing.

The Richards said...

Cameron is seriously the cutest girl I have ever met! I hope Caitlyn turns out half as funny! I don't know how you do it with three kids, I barely making it by with my one. You are seriously my inspiration, I know that I can make it through because you did with twins!!Julie

Tate Family said...

Hey, we said hi Sunday, but I didn't realize it till I rounded the corner...it was right when you came in the building. But what am I suppose to do, run back, and say,"Hi Laurie, me Kelly, I read your blog!" Nerdy, so I didn't. Anyway, LOVE your blogs as well...you are one of the few people that can make me chuckle out loud. Good luck with the marathon!!!

Crystal said...

I Love Ghetto Snowman!!! You are so funny! The snow allways looks more appealing than it really is!!!! Hence the snot....:)

Tierney said...

The snowman is ghetto fabulous! You know your kids are probably going to try and eat those soggy Cheez Its, right? Loved your fish story too. Good luck with the marathon.

martha corinna said...

I need to take your picture. Are you dropping the kids at school today? I will look for you.