CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Left to Tell


I have been reading this book for my book club and I love it. (Good choice, Betty!) It is a true story that everyone should read about the Rwandan genocide in 1994. I'm still shocked that all of it took place at the very same summer that I was getting ready to start high school. It seems unreal that mass murders can still take place in our world. I guess if I watched a little more CNN and read a little less Us Weekly I'd wouldn't be so shocked. This woman was in hiding in a bathroom with seven other women for weeks, fearing for her life. It makes me feel ungrateful and petty for all my complaining. If you haven't read it, do!

1 comments:

Tate Family said...

Have you seen the movie Hotel Rawanda? Seriously, a must see!!! However, it WILL make you cry!
Fun seeing you on Sunday! So glad you stopped me!