CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Memory Monday

Please pay no attention to the fact that it's Tuesday. I'm still trying to do Heather's Memory Mondays and here is the memory this week:


DESCRIBE ONE OF YOUR ROOMMATES FROM YOUR YOUNG ADULT YEARS. DO YOU KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THAT PERSON?

I have two roommates that I remain close to. They were both bridesmaids at my wedding and still best friends of mine. The first is Ashley. She and I met in Mrs. Shipley's class in the fifth grade. She was my ally in the constant battles against the evil Troy Bovo who was forever chasing us around the playground. We were BFF for several years and although we went to the same high school, we didn't remain close. A month or two after high school graduation I moved into an apartment with a friend from work and we needed another roommate. Ashley was looking for roommates too and the rest is ancient history.


This is Ash and me cruising around in her fancy car.

She looks perfect and you're looking up my nose.


Then there was Julie. She and I moved to Orem to go to UVSC. She went to school and I didn't. Not too bright on my part. But I did write a couple of papers as a trade for laundry service. (I hadn't done one single batch of laundry till I moved out of my mom's house. I was a mess.) She and I had become friends during our senior year of high school. Whenever Julie was there, I knew it was going to be a good time! We would dress up all in black, turn on Beastie Boys and go spy on the boy de jour. We went to Cabo San Lucas, Hawaii, St. George, Las Vegas and Logan. We did love a good road trip. I remember once driving home from St. George in the middle of the night listening to Alanis Morrisett screaming our guts out for hours. We both lost our voices. Mature, I know.

This is Julie and me getting ready to go spy on boys.

Another not-so-flattering picture of me.

I also got to live with my aunt Puffy and my cousin Alison for a year before I got married. Those were some of my very favorite times. Alison and I would exchange clothes, dress up and do makeup like a couple of five year-olds. We watched endless hours of Friends on tv. I helped Puffy correct papers (she was a school teacher) and Eric would help Alison with her homework. We still have amazingly funny inside jokes, which I'll spare you all. (But I am wondering if ya'll lit another Jesus candle??? It is Christmas you know.)

I don't have a picture to post yet. I need to get a good one of the three of us! All the pictures that I have aren't digital.

8 comments:

KEYSHA said...

I'm a friend of Natalie Richards.... (I enjoy reading your blog every now and again, because you are very entertaining!) I used to link through your blog to get to Mindy Johnson's...but anyhow..You mentioned a while back about your housekeeper being on Oprah. Do you still use this housekeeper? Is she good? I am looking for someone and you are the only person I have heard mention one. Would you mind giving me her name and number?

KEYSHA said...

you can e-mail me at keyshapeck@gmail.com

Jewels said...

Oh boy. I need to have a say in what old pictures you are going to be posting of me... :) Being roommates with you was so much fun. I love all the adventures we did before we got married. And if I was still in school I would do your laundry again in exchange for a paper. It was so worth it!

Tierney said...

I love that you not only dish about you, but also Jewels. I'm learning so much more about her "back in the day". Too bad I wasn't cool enough to hang out with you guys in high school. I guess I should have worn a smaller backpack and actually used my locker.

The Commish said...

You do

martha corinna said...

Fun pictures Laurie.
My best friend just called me the other day to remind me about a memory with Alanis Morissette music. Good times.

Anonymous said...

I am with Julie on this one! That picture is so ugly of me and poufy hair!
We did have some good times living together! :)

Anonymous said...

My name is Troy Bovo, and I wasn't that evil in 5th grade, in fact if I remember right I was being chased and tormented by you while you were teasing Mrs. Shipley. I was a good kid and I think that wild class is what corrupted me. I enjoyed the blog it is a good shout out to your friends. I loved sunrise, but had to move on I'm in Iraq currently flying helicopters, and live in Hawaii normally. Thanks for the laugh, and one last comment I wasn't that mean seriously. tlbovo@mac.com