
This is view from our hotel room! Not too bad huh? I took this picture with my fabulous new camera (thanks again Mom). I'm slowly learning.
For those of you who haven't heard about my widely publicized vacation plans - we're in California again! We came here with Paige and Taylor's family and met up with Brett and Melissa and we're having a fabulous time!
We quickly learned that having potty trained kids slows down a road trip considerably. We were stopping about every thirty minutes the entire way here for potty breaks. I feel fairly confident that I could fill a book with reviews on public bathrooms along I-15. We also learned that kids are content with the simple things on vacation. I mean, what's more fun than having Dad push you around a hotel on a luggage cart??
If they had that much fun at the hotel, things were definitely about to get better when we went to Disneyland the following morning. (Yes those are palm trees and blue sky reflected in her glasses.)

Paige and I were so excited to go on the Matter Horn!!
Cameron was most excited about a High School Musical 2 performance at California Adventure Park. This picture is of her and Eric groovin'. Eric would like me to mention how handsome he looks in his new Celtics t-shirt. He would like everyone to leave a comment about it, please.
All my kids had things that they were excited to see at Disneyland. Cam, of course, wanted to see all the princesses and Adam wanted to go on the Nemo ride and Luke really wanted to go on the Haunted Mansion ride. Both Luke and Adam have a freakish obsession with Halloween and ghosts, skeletons, bats, spiders and pretty much anything that should scare typical kids. The first temper tantrum (and certainly not the last) came when it was announced that the Haunted Mansion was closed for repairs! Poor Luke. But never fear - we found something else that he's equally obsessed with...


It's still hard for me to understand how my boys can love spooky things so much and still be scared of anyone in costume. But they are
terrified. Which made for fun times at Disneyland where you can't walk ten steps without a mascot (that's what they boys call them) trying to give you five and shake your hand. It was fun threatening them, "if you don't finish your lunch I'm going to go get Goofy..." We're kind of mean, huh? This Goofy picture is Cameron and her cousin Carter. My boys were hiding and screaming behind me while I snapped the shot.

We had such blast in the magic kingdom for two days. But two days with 9 kids, 3 mommies, 3 daddies and traveling is a recipe for exhaustion.

16 comments:
I'm so jealous of you guys right now. Blue skies, palm trees, and everyone is in shorts! Although I'm not jealous that you got to know every bathroom on I-15. :)
I was wondering if you were out of town...no posts for a week!! I was going through withdrawals.
Jon and I are taking the kids to Orlando in May so all those cute pics got me way excited. Can't wait to see you next week!
You have no idea how jealous I am. Looks like you are having a blast!!
Eric's T-shirt is cool. I like it. He looks handsome. Puff
Looks like you guys are having a great time! Blue skies - sure would be nice to get some of that weather here.
I love Eric's new shirt, I don't think that I have ever seen him look more handsome! :)
I'm jealous of your jet setting, or if it's a car ride I guess it car setting??? I don't know! Anyway, looks like you had a great time!!!
How fun, I bet you are excited about your ride home and which bathrooms to stop at or drive right on by. Looks like a wonderful trip, you need to give us tips we are going in March!
How rude of me...Eric I love your Celtic's shirt!
It's a Celtics Kevin Garnett t-shirt that the Celtics awarded me for years of loyalty.
I Hated Disneyland until I took my kids two years ago. It is So fun to watch their eyes light up at the simplest of things. It looks like you all had a lot of fun, and the kids will be talking about it for months!
I think I dreamt about warm weather and disneyland last night, I'm seriously jealous that you're actually living my dream. Hope you are having a wonderful warm blast.. cause it's freeeezing here:)
I miss Disneyland so much! Mostly, I miss the blue skies and palm trees of sunny southern california. I completely forgot you were out of town. Anyway, looks like so much fun!
I'm glad that you had a fun trip. I hope I don't have to do the Disney thing again for a long time! I'm trying the Cafe Rio Pork recipe tonight!
How exciting!!! Looks like you're having a great time.
So fun! We are jealous! Cute photos... Need to fill you in on a photography class I am taking next month. Phenomenal - and will teach you how to use that new camera! Let's get the girlies together! Loves...
So fun!!! LOVE the picture of all of the kiddies asleep in the car. Now THAT is a happy moment, isn't it! LOL! Love it! So glad you had a great time! Can't wait to hear more about it at Bunco next month!
Post a Comment