Last night I wen to a spinning class for my first time. Paige has been raving about it for a few weeks now, so I thought I needed to go see what all the excitement was about. Remember that I ran a marathon less than a month ago? I figured that after that, riding a stationery bike for an hour couldn't be that big a deal. After ten minutes I couldn't keep up with the class and was doing about half of what everyone else was doing. After half an hour I was contemplating what would have to happen in order for me to leave the class without looking like a wuss. I couldn't think of anything so I rode it out. I'm still convinced that the whole room is full of masochists but they love it so much that there must be something to it. So I've decided to go twice a week for three weeks to see if I can love it too. (Hey Allison, tell Abby thanks for kicking my butt!)
Call me Scrooge (my husband does), but I love getting back to normal life after the holidays. Don't get me wrong, I love almost every aspect of Christmastime. The parties, the school programs, Santa Clause, the food, the open Christianity that seems to be nearly taboo the rest of the year. I love it all, but I also love the first weeks of January. Getting the kids back to school, going back to the gym (with the other 5 million people there), taking down the tree (on December 27th) and recommitting myself to all the previous year's resolutions. Or goals. Whatever. Is there anyone out there who is still working on these 'resolutions' by February?
Friday, January 4, 2008
Let's go for a spin
Posted by Laurie at Friday, January 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I should have warned you. She is crazy!! I was going to her class after I had Mason and it didn't last too long. Maybe after this next baby, I'll have to start up again.
Good job at giving it a second try. I remember the first time I tried a spin class, I was with my mom and she was doing awesome and I was like "what the heck?" I hated it! But now I love it, it really depends on the instructors too, Abbey is awesome! She is my fav spin instructor at the gym. And yeah kind of lame that the gym is a little crazy, but hopefully they will all give up in a month or so, and it will be back to normal. Okay, that is kind of mean...go people loose weight!
Finally! Someone that agrees that spinners are crazy! I'm impressed your committed yourself to try it again but now I think you're crazy too! I tried it twice and almost DIED! I threw my hands in the hair and accepted the fact that I will NEVER be in shape enough to do that again!
As for taking down Christmas and getting back to "normal"...I've been trying to do that for the past 3 days and I still haven't made a dent! My house is a wreck! That's why I'm sitting here reading blogs...I'm sick of it!
Maybe I should proof-read my comments before I publish them...
committing, not "committed"!
Threw my hands in the air, not "hair"!
I'm an idiot!
yeah...HATE spinning. My bum never gets used to that little seat. Even when I am skinny and can fit on there okay... Let me know how long it takes for you to get "calloused." :) You are awesome - marathoner and now spinner extraordinaire? Slow down superwoman!
Laurie, you are so flippen cute! You did so good!!! THanks for coming and thanks for making such nice comments about me even if it was hard...but remember you did a marathon, that alone needs time for your body to recover. Please come back..I am sure aerobic endurance is one of the classes next week. I promise to not kick your butt so much. Youll eventually like it more. Tell paige thanks for bringing you to my class. It was good to see you!
I'm finished with the resolutions....and it's only January 5. Oh well. There's always next year!
laurie hi. I found your blog. Darling family. I love your pictures. The colors are darling. This will be a fun way to keep in touch, since I don't get to see ya as much. I loved it when we were all one ward.
Post a Comment