CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Back - by popular demand!

Okay, I'm sorry! It's good to know that someone misses me. I haven't felt like blogging lately. I was spending too much time on the computer and I started wondering why the heck I write. I'm having 'Martha' thoughts. (She's always wondering whether to blog or not to blog.)
I have started getting nervous and embarrassed when random people I run into know everything I've been up to. I'll start a conversation, "You'll never guess what happened to me at the movies!"
And a friend I haven't seen in months will say, "You drank someone elses drink?"
It freaks me out! I have nothing to add to chit-chat at bunco anymore. Everyone already knows the quirky inner workings of my mind. I used to say that it was a 'family journal' but let's be honest, this blog is about me. I get embarrassed when I read through all my old posts.
And people don't call me anymore. They know what's up and they know I can check their blog, so it gives a false sense of staying close. I miss my friends! Remember when we used to get together and eat and talk and talk and talk? Remember the good ol' telephone?

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

But some of us will never run into you at the market or over bunco, so don't give it up completely! I count on you for my giggles and fellow mom-of-three in too few years news!

Anonymous said...

I am probably the friend that you are talking about that you haven't seen in months and freaked you out - sorry!
I like reading on my own time and with 3 kids, I don't always have time to chat on the phone, that's why I like to comment so much, I get to 'talk' to people that I don't have time to normally.

Tate Family said...

Well I look at how I've gotten to know you and I'm grateful you blog...but I decided yesterday, that I need to set mine to private. I have your email to add you...so I will!

Anonymous said...

Don't stop Laurie! This is the best way to keep up with you. Every time I call, you're never home. I check you & your sister's blogs every morning.

Grandpa Bob

Palmer Family said...

I am just glad everything is okay!! I just love reading your blog, so keep it up!!

martha corinna said...

Sorry that my neurosis has caught up with you.
There are SO many things to consider about blogging though. It is certainly an interesting and multifaceted phenomena. And sometimes I do wonder if we pass up a little with tangible relationships because of our online activities, you have to face it, when time is spent online, less time is spent elsewhere.
Having said all of that, I do enjoy your blog and I so enjoy you.

Ereka said...

I can see what you mean... and just for the record, yes my first kiss was over the alter! He he he

3WimmerBoys said...

I wondered what was up with you not blogging, I can always count on you for a good thought or story-and always a laugh. I too, as you know, have had blog issues lately. I just don't know what to think about this whole thing, I like it and I don't like it.

3WimmerBoys said...

I wondered what was up with you not blogging, I can always count on you for a good thought or story-and always a laugh. I too, as you know, have had blog issues lately. I just don't know what to think about this whole thing, I like it and I don't like it.

Anonymous said...

I had that same experience the other day and it wigged me out, too! My favorite {sarcasm} is when you ask a close friend about their trip and they say, "I blogged about it." the end. Um, ok, I wanted to hear it from you.

I hope you don't give it up because I love to hear what's going on in your life. Are you going to go to the blogerpaloza {sp?} w/ Martha? I'd love to see you again!