Ever heard of Cryptosporidium?? Yea, neither had I until this week. Aparently it's a parisite that you can get from swimming pools in Utah or Salt Lake counties. There's been an outbreak and me and my family are among the latest vicitms. It's not some little flu bug - it's an actual parisite that lived in the intesinal system for up to 14 days. It is brutal and I'm basically writing this from my deathbed.
I'm bored to tears of being in the house, cooped up with my not-so-darling-at-the-moment family. Okay, so I might have exaggerated just a little bit about my deathbed. Today is the first time in three days that I've been up and moving around. Cameron had the primary bike parade today. She was so excited to go that I had to drag my sorry self out of bed to drive her to the church.
Then because I was already up, I decided that I needed to take the boys to the open house at their preschool. I don't know who is more excited, them or me! They don't start till September 10th - but we're already counting down.
On to some exciting news... Yesterday, (when I was actually on my deathbed, unable to walk or even sit) Ridgeline (the elementary school) called to tell me that Cameron got into their preschool program!!! I was so thrilled I nearly cried. All of her friends are starting Kindergarten and she's been feeling really left out. But with this program she gets to ride the bus with all of her friends which is so important to her. I'm thinking of testing her in to 1st grade next year so that she'll skip Kindergarten altogether. I know I'm biased, but she's already reading... Anyway - good news for us! But now she starts school on Tuesday instead of September 10th. I was not prepared for that - but I sure can get prepared.
I know this is long and rambling - it's just good to be out of bed doing something other than staring into the toilet (although that's fun too).
Friday, August 24, 2007
Cryptosporidium
Posted by Laurie at Friday, August 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Laurie...so sorry you're not feeling well! Yuck! I was so excited to see that Cameron gets to go to that preschool!!! Yeah! miss you!
so happy you are still alive... sounds horrible! :)
Post a Comment