CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 20, 2007

Yuckier

A couple of weeks ago at bunco, my friend Tierney told me that after reading my blog, her husband had decided that all these things could not possibly happen to one person and that I must be making up stories. Trust me, if I were fabricating, I'd be partying it up with LC, Lo and Audrina at Club Le Deux till the wee hours of the morning. Instead, let me tell you about the day I've had. And it's only 1:30 in the afternoon.

I actually was partying it up till the wee hours of the morning - 3:30 am to be exact. But I was on my couch, sucked into a really good book. I only mention it because you have to know how TIRED I am. So I had just finished running on the treadmill and was making a pot of mac and cheese for the boys and Riley. My friend Kaylie showed up with her daughter Elle. (Kaylie is one of my friends who is running the marathon with me.) I was mortified because I was a sweaty mess and my house is even worse than me - but what the heck, we're all friends here. So I get all the kiddies set at the bar to eat and there isn't another bar stool for Adam so I just let him sit on the counter top to be with everyone else. Kaylie just got back from traveling all over Europe with her husband and kids so we were deep in discussion about Croatia when we heard very loud toots.... I looked up in time to see diarrhea squirting out the back of Adam's shorts all over the counter top. I just stood there staring from Adam to Kaylie not knowing where to even start. Why am I a magnet for disgusting disasters? The rest of the kids couldn't figure out what had just happened and were asking if he'd thrown up. I told them yes - I couldn't form the words just yet for what had actually happened.

So if you think I'm making it up, give Kaylie a call and ask her about lunch at my house.

****Please know that after the boys went down for naps, I dumped bleach over the entire counter top for ten minutes. I promise your kids won't get sick from eating over at my house.... maybe I shouldn't promise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laur-
I can believe that! I have my own little rug rats that are always doing crazy and disgusting things - sorry that had to happen - that sucks!
Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Jess said...

awww.. thats aweful... and funny... Poor kid! Poor Mom!

Kelie said...

Definitely stories that top all of mine! When I think I have it bad, I read your blog. No fun for you...so sorry!!!

Palmer Family said...

Oh my gosh Laurie. I can't believe that these things happen to you. I think that you are on candid camera!

martha corinna said...

You always look so glamorous and pretty that maybe it is hard to believe that you experience all the yucky mundane problems of being a mother.

mandy said...

Larry, I love that you tell it like it is. Those are great stories that I'm sure you'll remind your kids about when they start having their own. Or use them as blackmail when they're teenagers!