CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Yuck

Adam fell asleep before dinner tonight. He hasn't been feeling well today. Then he woke up crying. He had explosive dierrhea all over in his bed. So I cleaned him up, started laundry, and disinfected myself.

I was sitting comatose in front of who-knows-what on tv, mentally counting down minutes till I could put the other two in bed when Luke came bounding up the stairs. For a kid who sleeps so little, he has AMAZING energy. He jumps all the time - like Tigger. Anway, he came jumping over to show me something in his little hand. It was poop. He had a poopy diaper and decided to put his hand in it??? Who does that?? He is three years old! Needless to say I was furious, disgusted and just plain feeling sorry for myself.

So I'm in the middle of cleaning up Luke's fun mess when Cameron comes over to show me this fun little box she's found. A box of Decon (rat/mouse poison). She's got a handfull of the little green pellets, just playing with them. Who are these kids??? Where is their mother and why can't she keep them out of these messes???

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. I am so worn out tonight. And it's going to be a long night with the diarrhea. I'm sure all of them will have it. Fun fun fun fun fun.

4 comments:

Palmer Family said...

Is this really what I have to look forward too? Maybe I don't want to have another kid!! I am sorry for all the poop, it doens't sound fun and I empathize with you.

martha corinna said...

I feel for you Laurie. Norah once painted all the walls in her bedroom with you know what. Well, I guess it wasn't just once the were many such murals.

The Christensen Family said...

Your blog might just be the most entertaining thing I have ever read! I am dying for you! SO sorry! I had a similar experience in the middle of the night with one of my kids not too long ago. Just imagine being hit in the face with the smell alone at 2 AM - NOT fun! I empathize with you... Hope it is getting better over there! Loves!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laur -
hey, I remember when Cameron was about 9 months old and she made a huge mess with her poop in her bed - you freaked! Sounds like all these years and more craziness with kids is good for the sense of humor!
Hope everyone is feeling okay - I'll call you this week.