Well I pulled of the biggest secret I've kept in a very long time! On Tuesday night we had a major surprise party for Eric. He is officially OLD! Because it was his 40th - I knew I wanted to do something big. So I rented out a movie theater at Thanksgiving Point and we were going to show a 'This is Your Life' movie. For months I've been gathering video clips from his family, friends, co-workers, neighbors all telling their favorite things about Eric. Then I sent off all the footage to my amazingly-high-tech sister, Lacey, to make a movie just for the big party.
Tuesday night Eric and I went to dinner with Eric's family and then his brothers just suggested that we walk over and see what was playing at the theater. When we walked in and Eric started to figure out what was going on he was in complete shock. Which is amazing, because I could have sworn that he knew, but he swears he was completely blindsided. Loads of family and friends were there to help celebrate with us. We started the movie, but 15 minutes into the show it stopped working and they couldn't figure it out. I was devastated of course, but I think that everyone still had a good time.
All the Wimmers came back to our (messy) house and we watched the movie on our TV. (and it worked just fine - I'm still mad at the theater guys) It was a really fun night! Thank you so much to everyone who helped out. There are a lot of people who helped. And if you were there and still want to see the movie, call me and you can come watch at our house or you can just borrow the dvd.
I still think it's not fair that Eric is 40 - he looks like he's 25 and acts like he's 15. Happy birthday Eric!!!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Surprise!
Posted by Laurie at Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Laur-
I don't think that I have ever seen anyone so confused as Eric was that night! You did a great job pulling off the surprise!
I think everyone had a great time too, it was fun to see people in your fam and some friends that I haven't seen in a while, so thanks! And I do want to see the movie, so I'll call you - maybe we could all get together for dinner and a movie! Haven't done that in a while. :)
what a sweet idea! i'm sure he just loved it!
Happy Birthday Eric. Brad will be thrilled to know he's not the only old one in the ward with young kids.
Post a Comment