Okay anyone who believes it was me who posted that last post, raise your hand. What, no takers?? Interesting. Apparently I'm not representing the whole Wimmer family. I'm sure Tim Wakefield is so offended. Sorry Eric, I'll try to include you more.
Because it's Eric's birthday on Tuesday, I've decided to devote this post to him. Here are some of my favorite memories with my hubby:
1. Eric once asked me to order checks for his checking account. I told him that he could do it himself online but he assured me that he was way too busy and could I just do it for him. Slightly irritated that he thought he was busier than me, I thought I'd show him - I'd order kitten checks! About a week later, the checks were delivered and he loved them. Don't I have egg on my face? But still every year when he writes out checks for his fantasy football league I have a little laugh.
2. Thanksgiving 2003 we spent in San Diego with Eric's brother Brett. We had such a great time with Brett and Melissa and Jacob (their son) at the beach. I was pretty darn sure that I was pregnant for the second time. Everything was right. We were driving back to their house in Melissa's fancy (really old) car with Cameron asleep in the back seat. An old Elvis Presley song "Suspicious Minds" came on the radio and Eric and I turned it up and sang along. Every time I hear that song I think of that night and how content I was.
3. Paige just reminded me the other day of this one. Paige and Taylor had just moved into their new townhouse when Paige got a call from Brother Hansen in the ward wanting her to speak on how Joseph Smith had influenced her testimony. Of course she was freaked out and called Taylor and probably had him scared to death as well before I could get hold of her to tell her Bro. Hansen was actually Eric. He would prank call me like that all the time when we were dating and I know he's done it to all my sisters and lots of my friends. Very funny.
4. Eric and I met working for the same company. We worked in separate departments but saw each other a lot. I kept on complaining to Eric that there was a guy in my department who would come to my desk and go on and on about football trades and coaches and talk forever about sports crap that I didn't understand. (The guy was slightly mentally challenged.) After a couple of weeks of this, I found out that Eric was the one telling this guy that I loved sports and telling him all the things to say!
5. Then there's the poison ivy story. I think Eric might kill me if I tell it here - but talk to me in person and I will gladly give you all the details.
6. Eric always gives animals people names. He had a cat named Robert when he was a kid. He and I had a dog named Kyle. Eric helped name my brother's dog Paul. We once had a bird build a nest on our front door wreath - the bird was named Burt Corcoran.
7. Eric is king of the 'I'll pay you $50 if you...' During church he'll come up with crazy, off-the-wall things like 'I'll pay you $50 if you throw this sippy cup at that obnoxious kid's head.' You know the times when you're not supposed to laugh??
I could go on and on - I obviously haven't gotten out in the past few days. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be better. Happy birthday Eric!! Love you!

4 comments:
Love, love, love the kitten checks!
I'll keep that one in my back pocket for a rainy day.
Cute Laurie! You are a lucky gal! I love the kitten checks and can't wait to hear all about the poison ivy...sounds juicy! Please tell me that my kids aren't the obnoxious kids that Eric wants to chuck sippy cups at?! Could very possibly be the case! hee hee:)
My man hasn't hijacked my blog yet. Too funny! I'd take that bed any day. ;)
Post a Comment