CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 1, 2008

Livin' the dream

Have you ever had one of those days when you feel like you're living in a dream? Today was one of those days. It started out like every other day of my life. More snow. Wish it was July. Cabin fever. I decided it was much riskier to stay indoors than to brave the snow and get out for the day. So I went with friends, Kelly and Colleen, to the Kids Barn to let the kids get some wiggles out and let the moms have adult interaction. (The Kids Barn is a place with inflatable slides and jump houses.)
After pizza and 312 trips to the potty we headed for home. But I wasn't ready to call it a day. If I have to spend one more day in my house with all five of us I'm going to have to be insitutionalized (again)! So we hooked up with more friends, Jenna and Kayley, and went swimming. I'm very brave, I know. I didn't swim though.

We came home. I made dinner. We ate. The kids ran for the basement after dinner because they've learned that if they are out of sight, they are out of my mind for bedtime. So Eric and I started watching Jaws. Eric decided to tell me something important.
Eric: "Have I ever told you that I know how I'm going to die?"
Me: "Really. That must be nice to know in advance."
Eric: "I'm serious."
Me: "Uh huh."
Eric: "I'm going to die in a shark attack."
Me: "Good to know."
Eric: "I'm serious, Laurie."
Me: "I'm sure you are."
I guess that should be good news seeing that we live on the side of a mountian in a desert. Though we should probably be wary of the very scary Land Shark from SNL.

I must be still dreaming. Cameron and Eric are decorating the house for the big birthday party tomorrow. Star, Adam's Webkins dog, is having a birthday tomorrow. They're planning his birthday breakfast and what they are going to do to celebrate. Cameron wants to buy him a 'just medium size' cage for his present. Maybe I'm lacking imagination but I can't understand cooking for something that doesn't eat and caging an animal that can't move. Perhaps we should buy a bigger cage and the kids could get in with him.....I wonder if they sell locks too?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you!Never a dull moment Huh? Love the picture. I can't wait for spring, I hear ya on the cabin fever. I make daily trips to Artic Circle. (yucky, but close) just a side note I have your "W" done. I will bring it to next bunco

Palmer Family said...

I hear ya. I am going crazy with one kid let alone 3 inside all day. I wish I could have made it to the Kid Barn!

NatRat said...

You better not let Eric go near the ocean...kind of scary. How do kids come up with things like this. Your kids have fabulous imaginations..anything to get you through this crumy time!

Tierney said...

I'm afraid of being eaten by a shark too! Seriously. I will only go ankle deep in the ocean and I hate flying over the ocean. I know if I crash in the ocean, I'll survive the crash only to be eaten by a shark.