What is a scruva driver? Well it really depends when you ask. Most of the time a scruva driver is the mean dentist who captures Nemo and takes him away on his butt (boat). If you haven't seen Finding Nemo lately, you might not understand. Scruva driving requires an oxygen tank, face mask and a wetsuit.

I heard this song the other day (Redneck Woman) and got very nervous that I was creeping dangerously close to becoming a redneck myself. It is after Valentine's and my Christmas lights were still up! After many, many friendly reminders to Eric, almost all of the lights are down tonight. Hurray!
While we're talking about rednecks - you really need to check out this blog post that my sister wrote the other day. It really is a riot! And yes, I have tuned in to watch the Big Fat Redneck Wedding. Yee-haw! Here you go - courtesy of Lacey:
Long Live Reality TV!
Television has come a long way since the first season of "Survivor" and "The Amazing Race." And with the ongoing writers strike, networks are sinking to all-new reality lows in an effort to fill airtime. I am well aware that Scott Baio is expecting a baby, Snoop Dogg is a father, and all the celebrities are in rehab. But is it really worth 30 minutes of tv time? I'm as much a reality t.v. fan as the next gal, but some of these new shows are just unbelieveable!One such show I recently saw advertised is called "The Baby Borrowers." It will follow several teenage couples as they are given a home, full-time jobs, and small children to care for. Seriously. My question is: who are the idiot parents who lend their children to these teenagers? (Insert Britney Spears joke here.)Another reality show gem is "The Millionaire Matchmaker." A Beverly-Hills professional matchmaker pairs wealthy men with the gold-digging women of their dreams. Hmmm. I see no problems with an arrangement like this and I'm sure all these couples will live happily ever after."Farmer Wants a Wife" is basically like "The Bachelor," only on a farm, with a real live farmer up for grabs. Challenges include milking a cow, birthing a pig, and driving a tractor. Really? Isn't it bad enough that you are competing against a dozen other women for the attention of one guy, but to have to muck manure in a horse stall too?And then there is the big-daddy of them all. The reality show that is the driving force behind this reality t.v. post. I actually watched this one tonight on CMT and it was like a train wreck that I just couldn't turn away from. It's called--get this!--"My Big Fat Redneck Wedding." No joke! And lest you think that a show like that would be boring and not worth watching, let me fill you in on a few of the details and then you can judge for yourself. First of all, the show is hosted by Tom Arnold. When I tuned in, the groom was getting a tattoo of his future bride on his rear-end. Classy! Then, for the bachelor party, the entire weddin' (yes, they call it a "weddin'") party went wild boar hunting, then back to the farm for mattress surfing. (For those of you non-rednecks out there, mattress surfing is when you tie a mattress behind an ATV and pull it around the farm while someone tries to stand on it and surf. "It's just like being at the beach!" said one wedding guest. Enough said.) The next day, the bride and groom dressed up in their fancy weddin' attire--camoflauge jumpsuits--and the bride rode in on a John Deere tractor. They were quickly married by the ex-convict minister who was ordained in the state prison (because he "had a lot of time on his hands"), and everyone enjoyed the reception at the local driving range. Reception food included pigs in a blanket, pork rinds, deer meat kabobs, pickled pig feet, and lots and lots and lots of beer. The episode ended with the gift exchange, where the groom gave his new bride a pink rifle and told her she could use it to go squirrel or rabbit huntin' on their honeymoon. How romantic! I'm telling you, CMT has struck reality television gold with this show!In my reality t.v. research, I found that the smaller the network, the crazier the reality show. And there are some real doozies out there! Let's all just pray that the writers strike will end soon so we can go back to watching "The Office" and "30 Rock" like civilized human beings.
5 comments:
REDNECK!
UH, What is with the music..... I seem to remember a conversation we had a few days ago that was against it. Now you are a REDNECK HYPOCRITE
Laurie, keep up the posts I love reading them. You crack me up. Let's plan a night to get together and go to dinner.
Kelley
I don't think you could ever be mistaken for a redneck, sorry.
Redneck Wedding is the gift that keeps on giving.
http://regularguycolumn.com/blog/?p=247
Post a Comment