CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Preschool conversation

Remember when I told you about my hate of wearing tennis shoes with normal clothes? This hatred runs so deep that when we were at Disneyland Eric made me wear them and it nearly ruined my day. Every time he took a picture I had to make sure that my feet weren't in the shot and the ones that did have my feet I had to crop down before having them printed. Really this is an irrational peeve of mine. Knowing this info, listen to what Duncan (Cameron's preschool boyfriend) said to me today. We were sitting at a table at school doing an art project.
Duncan: "I saw you yesterday in your tennis shoes."
My face went red just remembering picking up Cameron from his house yesterday wearing my gym clothes. Seriously, he might as well have said he'd seen me in my underwear!
Duncan: "But you're not wearing them today. You're wearing your Uggs."
What do you make of that? Why does he remember my shoes? Why do I care what I 5 year-old thinks of my footwear? At first, I started wondering who put him up to saying it and realized that he doesn't know anyone that I know other than Cameron and she certainly doesn't care what I wear on my feet. Weird huh?

******
Yesterday after picking Cameron up from Duncan's house I started grilling her about school.
Me: "What did you do at school today?"
Cam: "We learned about Lincoln and Washington."
Me: "What about them? What things did they do?"
Cam: "Well, they didn't come to our class or anything Mom."
(Oh pardon me, I thought they may have made an appearance or something.)
Me: "Yea, Cam, they're both dead so I figured they weren't there."
Cam: "How did they die?"
Me: "I don't know about Washington, but Lincoln was shot."
Cam: "Was it just an accident or was it a bad guy?"
Me: "A very bad guy."
Cam: "What was his name? Is he still alive?"
Me: "John Wilkes Booth and no, he's been dead for a long time."
Cam: "How did he die? Did he get shooted too?"
Me: "So, let's talk about the log cabin you made for Honest Abe."
Cam: "Who's Honest Abe?"
Once again, preschool is money well spent.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

I hate sneakers, too. My feet can't breathe, which I'm sure you can understand, they get so claustrophobic! My mother's the same way, I'm sure she 'gave' this to me. Imagine my horror this year when diagnosed with plantar fascitis (or however it's spelled). I have to wear freakin' sneakers ALL OF THE FREAKIN' TIME! And guess what caused this [notso] wonderful thing? My darling children and pregnancies! Damn them! I'm going to get them back -- just wait until THEY have kids!

AMiller said...

Hey, I thought our prophet (Ezra Taft Benson) was actually George Washington. And that was into first grade. I was very confused when I learned otherwise.

NatRat said...

Girl...I am impressed. John Wilkes Booth?? Good work, I would have know idea! But then again I never listened in school.

martha corinna said...

I doubt you could look bad in sneakers. Your legs are so long no shoes could damage your look.

Tate Family said...

Ansley hung up her picture of George Washington and told me it was Curious George...Does that make you feel better?
I'm linking you, tired of going through others to get to yours.

Unknown said...

You took the music off...

Peen

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL! So funny!!! Ahh Laurie...you are a breath of fresh air on yet ANOTHER freakin' snowy day as I sit here completed congested with my head just about ready to explode. Thanks for being a ray of sunshine today!!!