CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 8, 2008

new clothes, old friends, bad jeans and grandpa

You know how as time progresses we all turn into our mothers? For me that wouldn't be so bad. But today I had visions of myself turning into my grandpa! I was meeting some friends for lunch this afternoon and when Kelley arrived I immediately apologized because I was wearing bottom tier jeans. (You know those jeans that you only wear because your favorite three pairs haven't seen the washer in over a week.) I have unconsciously started ranking my clothes in tiers apparently. My grandpa always did that. His #4's were jammies, #3's were sweat pants with a matching zip-up sweatshirt, #2's were slacks and a golf shirt and #1's were strictly for weddings and funerals. Believe me, those jeans were only about a half notch above #4's.

Anyway, we had a really fun lunch. Chelsa and Kelley are friends from high school and we haven't hung out since then so there was a LOT of catching up to do. Both of them are gorgeous moms and so much fun to be with! We'll be doing that again very soon.

After lunch I decided it was time to invest in some new #2's and headed for the mall. I felt quite sure that my debit card wasn't going to work after the first purchase because of the 'unusual activity' of shopping at an actual mall. But it worked and now I have some cute new clothes! Hurray!

Last night I got to go to dinner with Julie, Kelly, Colleen and Cynthia. (What a rough life for me huh? All I do is eat out with friends....right!) We went to Zupas and ended up sitting there talking for three hours! It was like old times. Julie in her shower cap.....just kidding Jewels. I feel so lucky to have so many good girlfriends. This parenting/wifing thing isn't always peachy keen and it's nice to know other exceptional ladies who are all in this boat together.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Fun!
Too bad our plans for lunch yesterday didn't go through - we'll have to plan on next week!

Kelly said...

Fun to get new clothes! I wanna see- thanks for the fun night. Bunco is just around the corner :)

The Richards said...

Thanks, the new car is fun. Mike couldn't let Eric get a new car and be the only one driving such an old worn down car, plus it wouldn't pass inspections either and we didn't want to pay the money to fix the old thing.

Kehl Family said...

Laurie, I had so much fun at lunch with you and Chel. It was great to catch up after all of these years. I am still laughing at the ranking of your clothes comment and leaving Eric for the cleaning ladies...he'll learn right? Let's get together again soon I had such a fun time.
Kelley

Maughan"sters" said...

Invite me next time! I feel so locked up with all of the snow! I love to eat out and get away from my kids whenever I get a chance!

mandy said...

How do you manage to get out of the house that much without your kids? You must know Mary Poppins yourself!