I haven't ever been officially diagnosed with manic depressive disorder - but my doctor has his suspicions. My problem is that every once in a while I have a day with freakish energy. I do unbelievable amounts of work, activities and loads of cleaning. The next day I crash. The surprising part is that I never really realize the cycle on the manic days, just the next day when I've crashed. This is what I did on Wednesday:
I watched Cassidy (neighbor girl) for 4 hours
I took the all four kids to buy pumpkins and Halloween decorations
I decorated the house for fall/Halloween
Made Cameron's birthday invitations
I had lunch with my girlfriends at Jenna's house
I sorted through the toys and took 4 garbage bags to DI
Cleaned the garage
Cut back all the plants in the front yard to ready for winter
Turned off our irrigation water
Changed 6 poopy diapers
Made breakfast lunch and dinner for the kids
Cleaned the kitchen
Bathed the kids
Organized the storage room in the basement
Ran 5 miles
Put the kids in bed
Took a shower
Finished the laundry
I'm not sure how I don't notice the craziness when I'm doing it all. I just made this list on Thursday when I couldn't figure out why I was so dang tired. My mom is amazing and took the kids for four hours Thursday afternoon so I could enjoy the quiet house and rest. So does this kind of thing happen for anyone else? Am I crazy?
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Manic Wednesday
Posted by Laurie at Saturday, October 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I do have mania stages every once in a while, but they are nothing like that. It just means I get one thing done out of the ordinary and it usually involves caffeine of some sorts.
That's a lot of stuff Laurie. It's no surprise that you do crash. What do you think?
If I could be on mania mode for 4 days out of the week (without crashing), I would be unstoppable. I don't think this is the way it works though. I'm sorry, but hey you got a whole lot of stuff done.
Um no, this never happens to me.
I didn't want to say anything on Wednesday but you were definitely on a roll!!!! No wonder I didn't hear from you on Thursday. Just reading your list makes me tired.
Wow! I'm feeling very unproductive right now! I've never accomplished all that in a whole week! As long as your "crash" days are spent reading or doing something for yourself, I wouldn't worry about it but if not, let's talk! I hate to see you sad.
What's up? I don't even think there is enough time in the day to get all of that done. You are amazing.
Is it WRONG to want to be manic! Seriously, I would love a few days like this every now and then. Oh, the things I would accomplish!!!
So I guess from my response, you can guess my answer is no, I don't get this way. I'd definitely track those times to see if there is a pattern, and if so, your doctor can get you 'on track'. Thanks to you for sharing something that's sometimes hard to put out there!
I Know exaclty what your talking about!!! I dont know that I accomplish that much, but no matter what I do at the end of the day I dont feel i got enough done? Whats up with that!
Post a Comment