Years ago, as a newlywed, I decided to buy an apron. I thought somehow it would make me a cook. It didn't, but it sure is cute. I decided on one with cherries all over it. It felt so 1950's to buy an apron as a married woman and for some reason, I thought the cherries fit. Not a great photo - but you get the idea.
Pretty cute, huh? Then I needed to buy some pictures for the kitchen....
I'm my defense, I also have strawberries and pears hanging in the kitchen. At this point, several of my friends caught on to the cherry mental illness and as luck would have it, all the eighties crap came back into style. So I started receiving gifts of cherry earrings with matching necklace (thank you Jenica) and dish towels (Paige). I won't bore you with pictures of dirty towels (you're welcome).
In twenty years Cameron will be on Oprah begging me to get rid of my cherry crap and get a home makeover. I've decided that I don't care. Bring it on Nate Burkus! There is something about it that reminds me of the Leave It To Beaver era. They're feminine and happy and old fashioned to me. Just be glad that is hasn't infected my blog yet. There were a couple cherry backgrounds in serious consideration. I'm trying my best to limit myself.
Then when I was pregnant with Cameron I found the cutest cherry bathing suit. (For me, not Cameron. Hence, no picture.) As I was still trying to find cute things to decorate the tiny kitchen in our townhouse, I stumbled on these canisters.
I had to have them. Now they sit in my very cluttered pantry and they rarely see the light of day, but I still like them.
Then there's the quilt. I have made probably twenty baby quilts for family and friends but my favorite is still the one I made for Abbie (Paige's daughter). I loved it so much that I made a mini one for Cameron's baby dolls.
I started wondering if I'd become annoying about it. I've seen those ladies on Oprah with their whole kitchen done in cows and it's not pretty. But then I found a cook book I had to have. If the apron didn't work, the c
ook book was sure to make me a gourmet chef. I think we know the rest of that story...
Then for my birthday I really needed something red for the newly blue wall in my front room. And I found it.
It's not little - 3 ft. X 3 ft.. I love it. I only have three pieces of art in my house that really speak to me and this is one of them.
Ever since we moved into this house I've been wanting some BIG galoshes. I have walks to shovel, kids to walk to the carpool, mail to fetch (as though I ever walk to the mailbox), all tasks that are no fun barefoot in the snow. I just want them sitting by the door so I can run out side in the winter just as easily as my flip flops in the summertime. So tonight Jenna and I were at the mall and I found them. And they were on sale! It was meant to be. My new boots, new boots. (If you're not a Friends fan, you might not understand.)
7 comments:
I love cherries too! Did you watch that episode forever ago of "Meet the Barkers" on MTV when she got the cherry Louis Vuitton purse? I usually don't like LV, but I loved that purse. It was probably a fortune.
I love cherries too, and I am still waiting for my baby blanket!! I love all of your stuff and as a matter of fact, Nate says that whatever you love is always in style - so let the cherry craze continue! :)
I love cherries too!
Does it sound dumb after 3xs.
I bought Norah a cherry swimsuit this summer and I made her a cherry dress when she was a baby. My apron isn't cherries though, it's watermelons. I love the boots. Where did you get them, if I get some will you wear them to church with me on the same day?
The cherries are darling! I really don't like the taste of cherries, but they certainly look darling...and it is good that you have something that you love, it probably makes it a little easier to decorate.
I just love that you blogged about Cherries! You're a riot!
I've done the same thing with Strawberries! I just love how bright and cheery they are...
No worries.. I have a cherry kitchen too:)
Post a Comment