I love books. I read all kinds of books but every once in a while I read a book and feel that I am changed forever. I just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini and I am again changed. If you haven't read it, you need to. Even if you're not a reader. (This is the book that Cameron told me she was going to read - good taste...)
This book makes me grateful to be American, a woman and a mother. All day I've been just staring at my kids, watching them play and I keep tearing up! We are so blessed for our basic freedoms. I feel like I could go on and on, but I'll save it for a more private forum. Give your kids a love and read this book!
Saturday, October 6, 2007
A Thousand Spendid Suns
Posted by Laurie at Saturday, October 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hello laurie, hi how are you? i'm jen, 28 a stay at home mom of 2 kids. i'm lds and i live in sandy utah. nice to meet you!!
Laurie, I also just finished the Thousand Splendid Suns and I thank you for recommending it to me. I think it's about the best book I've ever read and like you, it is haunting me. I can't get it off of my mind. We are so lucky to have what we have and always have taken for granted. I love you. Grandma
I loved that book! It broke my heart but it was definitely worth the read.
Post a Comment