We are going to be a family of six from now on. Cameron decided that we needed to even the score so that we have three boys and three girls in our family. So now we have Lola the hamster. The kids have long wanted a cat (gross) and from time to time I have a weakness for puppies. We decided to start small and see how it goes for a few months. They've been visiting their favorite cat, Bogart, at PetSmart for a couple of months and he finally found a home (a sucker mom who probably caved) and not there anymore. It's time for a pet. I wanted to post a picture of Lola but my camera died the other day. (Eric, that's a direct hint for a Christmas present!)
Welcome to our family Lola!!
Saturday, November 3, 2007
It's a girl!
Posted by Laurie at Saturday, November 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Make sure its not pregnant. I got a hamster when I was 8 and a week later it gave birth to 11 baby hamsters. My Mom was thrilled.
What the heck!!!? A hamster? Good luck and have fun.
hamsters give me the heeby jeebies.. Don't think that's really how you spell that, or how its said, but well, I think they're creepy
Sick!
Ya'll are mean! At least it's not a cat! And BTW - Allison you've got me really nervous. Lola is really fat...
Pets are good for kids. I love cats! Don't worry we can still be friends. I love that the hamster is named Lola.
Hey Laurie, remember not to put the hamster too close to the heat vent. If the hamster doesn't work out, I now have a spare dog you can use any time.
Grandpa Bob
Hey Laur - good job on the whole pet thing! A hamster? You are a great Mom for letting them have something that closely resembles a mouse. Let me know how it turns out! :)
What a great way to start a post! I was getting so excited for you. ;) I like hamsters, I had one growing up.
Post a Comment