CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Memory Monday

I've decided to do Heather's Memory Monday in an effort to keep my blog somewhat of a journal rather than just airing of grievances. So this week's memory is:

DO YOU HAVE ANY NICKNAMES? WHO CALLS YOU THOSE NAMES? DO YOU LIKE THE NICKNAMES?

As I thought about it, it's frightening how many nicknames I have. Everyone seems to call me something different. But here's my best attempt at naming them.

Yowie - Aunt Puffy is really the only one who calls me that anymore. When Lacey and I were kids she used to call me Yowie and it stuck. (Hey at least I didn't get stuck with 'Puffy')

Larry - Most of the kids in my neighborhood growing up called me that. Then Paige's husband turned it into Scary Larry or Hairy Larry (both very flattering).

Lardo - This is by far the worst nickname ever. Thanks Dad.

Laur Laur - My mom and sisters call me that.

Laur - Paige calls me that. And some of my other friends too.

Larry Mullin - My brother, Robby, is the only one who calls me that. Larry Mullin Jr. is the drummer for U2 and I had a sick obsession as a teenager.

Laurlie - All small kids call me this. Apparently my name is hard to say when you're first learning to talk.

Laurinda T - Eric calls me this. I think he still believes that every one's middle initial is T just because his is.

L-Train - All of Eric's friends call me this. They got sick of getting yelled at whenever they called me Lori. It was just easier that way.

The Most Stunning Girl Ever - I call myself this....he he he.

I think that's about it. If you think of something else, feel free to comment.

8 comments:

Jarom and Jenni said...

Even though I am bad at updating my blog (it's pretty pathetic), I love checking other people's blogs, and I am glad that I can check and see what's going on with your family now. I don't have such fun things to blog about as some of my other siblings, but blogging is a great way to keep in touch with everyone, so every few months I update mine. I hope all is well with you and your family. Love Your Cousin, Jenni

Paige said...

Wow...SO many to choose from.

Anonymous said...

You forgot to put Blond Tomato on your list. That one was from Grandpa.
Let's remember why I am "stuck" with Puffy. Yowie couldn't say Cathy.

The Commish said...

You forgot "Miriam the Naughty Librarian"

Laurie said...

Wow - I'm really opening myself up to all your jokes. I see how it is.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget "Stinker Wonker".

Dad

Suzanne said...

OMG, you are a U2 girl, too! Just another thing that binds us together! Can you add 'Groupie' to your list of nicknames? I think I can!

Brittany said...

That is hilarious, I got a laugh about Eric calling everyone's middle name T.