Paige and I went to IKEA today. She was wanting to look at furniture so we decided to put our kids in the daycare so we could shop in peace. We waited in line at the daycare for a few minutes and got a buzzer/pager thing to let us know when there would be an opening. So we strolled around the marketplace for 45 minutes when the buzzer buzzed. We waited in another line for 10 minutes to check the kids in. Their shoes were off and they were ready to play!
The girl working the counter (with a disgusting facial piercing) then said she doesn't think our kids are tall enough. She came around the corner with a measuring tape. Abbie and Luke were both tall enough, but not Adam. I told her that he has a spinal defect (congenital scoliosis) that makes him shorter than his identical twin brother. She said that Abbie and Luke could come in, but not Adam. I explained it again because surely if she understood the birth defect, she would not deny him. Nope, she had already turned to the next person in line. I wanted to reach across the counter and strangle her. "Thanks for wasting an hour of our time," I practically yelled at her.
I realize that it's free daycare at IKEA. Probably not much to get all hot under the collar about. I doesn't change the fact that it is discrimination! Am I being overly dramatic about this?
Thursday, November 8, 2007
mad
Posted by Laurie at Thursday, November 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Can you say lawsuit?? I would be so pissed!!
Thats really stupid! They shouldnt have people with yucky peircings doing daycare anyway. (MY opinion only) wouldnt that intimidate the kids? who hired her???? Sorry for you.. I bet you had to do some quick fixing on that situation for the kiddos..
Let's take them to court! I think we could get some serious cash from Ikea, then we could all retire, the boys could fill their dream of becoming the "Wimmles," and we can move back to Utah. Do you love that I am including us in part of the money collecting part?
I am with you Laurie...Having a child with a disablity, I know how you feel. Sorry...that is so lame!
Nope!
I would be upset too - especially that ir took them 45 min. to even let you check your kids into the place. Another reason for me not to like IKEA - I already have a list!
The more I think about it, the more upset I get, and it is not even my son. Taylor thinks you should take them to court! I am so turned off on the IKEA deal. You won't be seeing me there!
I would have a lawyer send them a letter, I know 2.
I have two nipple piercings so I'm the appearance doesn't obviously bother me. The attitude is ridiculous. I would have at least asked for a free hot dog. And maybe a small drink too.
I totally agree! The customer service (if you can call it that!) you recieved is obsurd. At the very least, you should complain to the manager, if not corporate!
total discrimination! and she got out a measuring tape...i'm speechless!!! get on that letter asap!
Doesn't IKEA know how much money you spend there?! They are going to regret that! Seriously though that is ridiculous. I would have been irate.
Amazing. Truly amazing.
Post a Comment