CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 3, 2007

Auto Flush

The other day I was at Target with Cameron just doing a bit of shopping. We'd been there for a while and had a nearly full cart when Cameron decided that she needed to go potty RIGHT NOW. Can't hold it - right now. So, feeling the urgency, I make a beeline to the front of the store, park the cart and steer Cam into a stall. Ya'll can sympathize with the 'you've got to be kidding me' feeling.

"Phew! Disaster avoided. I deserve a medal. Wow, I did all that within 20 seconds - I deserve a Coke too.... kinda sweaty, gross." I'm thinking all this to myself.

Cameron (from the other side of the stall door): "Mom? Are these the toilets that flush all by themselves?"

Me: "Probably not Cam. You're okay."

Cameron: "No. When I came in, I saw one of them flush."

Me: "Okay, then they can flush themselves - does it matter??"

Cameron: "Yea, I don't like these toilets. I'll just hold it till we get home."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Ali hates those toilets too. I have started carrying those little post-it notes in my purse so that I can stick one over the little sensor thing so it doesn't flush while she's sitting on the potty. Works like a charm!

Laurie said...

Only you would be THAT prepared Lace! But what a great idea.

martha corinna said...

I avoid public restrooms at all costs. Norah, on the other hand, is a magnet for them. I guess it's time to get over my phobia.

Kelie said...

Laurie i love your posts! so unique! And they make me laugh! miss you and your cute family!

Jess said...

Ahhhh!!! I totally know this one! my little girl is terrified of the loud automatic toilets.. she's gotten really good however at leaping off the seat and out of the stall in a flash before the toilet has a chance to think about it.