CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Cameron (the one and only)

Last summer Cameron got invited to a Build-a-Bear birthday party for one of her friends. I wasn't able to go with them to the actual building site so Cam was completely on her own for designing her bear from the ground up. All of the little girls had chosen white, fluffy kittens rather than bears and decked them out in Hello Kitty jammies or tutus with bows stuck on their ears. But not Cameron. She has always had a very strong sense of style (or sometimes lack of). But I was not prepared for what she brought home from that party. Her bear was wearing a wife-beater tank top with a dragon on it, black wide-leg jeans with a chain going from front to back and enormous white trainers. The only thing that bear was missing was a bloods/crypts bandanna.

Yesterday Cameron came downstairs wearing her school t-shirt backwards. I immediately suggested that we fix it. She would hear nothing of it. She likes the raccoon on the front. When she came home from school I asked her if a lot of the kids were wearing their shirt (they wear them every Friday) and she said, "yes, but I was was the only one like this!"

She's just so darn proud of her individuality, I don't want to take that away from her. Probably her teacher thinks that Cameron's has a blind mother - but I don't care. I have to pick my battles and clothes is not going to be one of those battles. She wore cable knit tights, a long skirt and a hoodie on her first day of school and it was 98 degrees outside! So if you see Cameron looking a little like Punky Brewster, just know that I'm also scratching my head but very proud of her just the same.

4 comments:

The Christensen Family said...

So cute! I love that she has her own little style - Bella is in the same boat and has some questionable wardrobe choices on a daily basis! She is so adorable though - you can't help but love her! You are a cute mommy...

Anonymous said...

I love it!

You are good to let her do that - I tell Jaxen that Saturday is his day to pick his clothes, I know, I am a mean Mom, maybe I need to take a few pointers from you!

martha corinna said...

You are a good mom Laurie. I sometimes feel the need to control. You are also good for letting her dance when you don't really like the dancing (me neither).

mandy said...

seriously, i was laughing out loud at this one. :) love that girl!