CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Race Day

Today was race day. We were up at University of Utah Alumni House at 9 this morning. Eric (avid BYU fan) was sure he'd be struck by lightning upon entering the building - but he survived. The kids have been talking for weeks about this race. It's just a little 1K for kids under 12. (Basically for parents who like to flush money down the toilet and get a medal for their efforts.) Anyway, they got their numbers pinned to their shirts and were messing around with their friends. Then they announced all little runners needed to come to the starting line.....and then they spotted him. Swoop, the U of U mascot. A giant bird wearing clothes. (In my opinion, animals should never wear clothes, but that's a conversation for another day. And I'm not sure that mascots fit into that category anyhow.)


"On your mark, get set, go!" Luke and Adam took off running as fast as their little feet could carry them....towards the car. They are TERRIFIED of anyone in costume and that includes mascots. Eric and I got to carry two screaming and crying boys one kilometer in the rain. And they wanted nothing to do with the finish line - that damn bird was there giving high-fives to all the kids, so we didn't technically finish the race. I'm sure they are the very first non-finishers of a 1K.


Alas, they got their medals and got to go back to the car (and not a moment too soon for Mom and Dad). Cameron, however, finished the race and was excited for the next one (whenever that will be). So here are the pictures we got of the day.




4 comments:

Paige said...

I love it. T and I can not stop laughing. You seriously made it worse than it was. The boys were hilarious to watch. I got my money worth by just warching your boys. HEE HEE!

Anonymous said...

Sure glad I didn't go, cause all 3 of my kids hate dressed up things like that - I can't even walk past the Halloween aisle at Smith's - it's crazy!
Hope you had a good time regardless!

Jess said...

thats so funny! I'm sure your kids weren't the only ones terrified of that thing!! sounds fun anyway.

Palmer Family said...

I can't stop laughing! That is the funniest thing! Love it!